The workplace expert
Workplace Law specialist Carla Vinciullo has worked with Salon Owners around Australia for over 12 years, and brings her expert experience to the Progressive Legal team. In this webinar, Carla discussed some of the key legal considerations that salon owners with staff need to know, to ensure that they’re legally protected when it comes to employment law.
This quick-fire 30 minute webinar from the workplace specialists at Progressive Legal highlights:
- why you need written employment contracts;
- how to prevent employees poaching clients and other staff, or working from home/going into competition with you;
- the difference between a contractor, a casual, and part-time and full-time worker – and why this is so important;
- how to protect an employee using your photos (i.e. before and afters) for their own home salon/business;
- the importance of getting rates of pay, loadings, penalties etc right and the penalties that apply if you get it wrong;
- effectively managing staff to avoid issues, bullying and stress claims and unfair dismissal.
For more Workplace Law in Australia information, get to know Special Counsel Carla Vinciullo here.
As our Law in a Box content is general information only, we would love to help you with tailored legal advice. For a no obligation chat to our team, you can book a call here.