WORKPLACE & EMPLOYMENT LAW
Workplace disputes have the potential to disrupt your business, causing ongoing anguish for business owners and staff alike.
For example, did you know that your company could be fined up to $54,000 for a breach of the Fair Work Act?
It’s an unfortunate fact that situations involving employees often escalate out of control, due to the amount of emotion involved when dealing with human resources.
Our team can:
- advise on all employment and workplace issues – big or small
- undertake workplace investigations
- check that you are award and Fair Work compliant
- represent you in Fair Work Commission proceedings
- assist you with discrimination/sexual harassment and bullying issues
- advise on managing underperforming employees
- provide advice on unlawful termination or unfair dismissal cases
- draft or review contracts
- assist with any union issues
- draft workplace policies and procedures
- conduct workplace training
- undertake investigations into misconduct/appropriate behvaiour
- help you minimise your legal risk
- provide day to day HR advice.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have a great relationship with your staff but worry about if/when things turn sour?
- If you went to Court, would your employment contract stand up?
- Not sure how to effectively performance manage an employee?
- Do you need to restructure or implement redundancies?
- Are you about to increase your workforce?
- Do you have basic HR policies in place?
- Do you have independent contractors/consultants?
- Are your employees accruing their correct leave entitlements?
- Are you paying staff their correct allowances, penalties, overtime and loading?
- Not sure if your contractor is actually an employee?
- Do you know which awards(s) apply to your employees?
- Do you wish you had a HR manager to deal with these issues?
Whether you’re a senior executive, business owner or HR manager, if you answered yes to any of the above – it’s vital that you know your legal obligations before making decisions that may affect your organisation.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“Progressive Legal’s advice was clear and practical, very thorough understanding of all the applicable legislation and was able to very quickly understand our situation and recommend a course of action. Gave me a lot of confidence. Highly recommend you contact them!” – Robert Coorey, Director
“Thank you again for your support and assistance during my recent dispute. Through such a challenging experience your guidance and advice provided welcomed assurance and ultimately allowed us to achieve the successful outcome we did.” – Ross, Senior Executive
“I have been very impressed by Progressive Legal’s fast and practical advice and their knowledge of the Fair Work system. Progressive Legal has recently assisted me in two Fair Work conciliations, both resulting in a positive outcome for my business.
For any HR, employment or workplace law query, I know I can call the team and they will make the time and give me accurate and realistic advice that won’t cost the earth.” – Wayne, CEO